Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games

4 posters

Go down

[SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games Empty [SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games

Post by uzumymw 26.07.09 23:54

1. Shut down all PC downloads and sharing apps.

File-sharing programs such as BitTorrent are infamous for eating up bandwidth, and will guarantee you a choppy online gaming experience on your game system. Big downloads, such as Apple Store TV shows or movies, will also slow down your online game. If you're playing online, try to limit any PC internet use beyond simple web browsing or e-mail.

2. Cable internet beats DSL every single time.

There's a reason a DSL connection costs less than cable internet: it's slower and less stable. In fact, some industry groups have recommended stripping DSL of its "broadband" label because it can only handle a fraction of the speed of a cable connection. DSL is fine for speedy web browsing, but cable reigns supreme for online gaming. Cable internet is also relatively inexpensive if you're already a cable TV subscriber - ask your provider for package deals.

3. With Wi-Fi, placement is everything.

Your wireless Wi-Fi router has a limited range, and consoles can be pretty picky about that signal (especially if the Wi-Fi has to go through a wall). Try to place your console close to your router to get the best results. If you're still seeing a strong signal, yet experiencing lag, try changing your game system's location in the room, or flipping it horizontally or vertically.

4. Hardwire it!

Though wireless Wi-Fi is more convenient, a hardwired Ethernet connection is unbeatable for online gaming - it's faster and more reliable. The downside: an ugly cable that leads from your internet router to your game system. If your cable or DSL jack is located close to your entertainment system, you'll definitely want to use an Ethernet cable for maximum performance. Even if the internet jack is located far away, you may consider running the Ethernet cable under the carpet, along a wall, or under floorboards to conceal it.

5. Choose top-quality internet hardware.

Don't expect top-level gaming performance from that cheap $20 internet router you bought at CostCo. Instead, spend a little more and get a quality router from a trusted manufacturer such as Linksys or DLink. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo also have preferred hardware that is guaranteed to function perfectly on their systems - that information is available on their websites.

source:gamepro.com
all pinoy can read english nmn db? Embarasse
uzumymw
uzumymw
PH-ZX Moderator
PH-ZX Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

[SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games Empty Re: [SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games

Post by hiyori 27.07.09 1:53

@2nd step
Sir can you refer me a cable ISP which offers faster internet connection than the one im using now (which is pldt). I heard that it is cheaper plus you can get free cable tv hmmmm... not really free but (under the table) kind of thingy. I tried Sky broadband but I find it crappy and of no use (can't even play dota/gg) conviniently. I also heard that a cable connection is good only if in your area few are using that brand of ISP otherwise it is relatively slow compared to dsl connection.
hiyori
hiyori
Supper Botter
Supper Botter

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

[SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games Empty Re: [SHARE] 5 steps reducing lag in online games

Post by booterbotter 27.07.09 6:57

hiyori wrote:@2nd step
Sir can you refer me a cable ISP which offers faster internet connection than the one im using now (which is pldt). I heard that it is cheaper plus you can get free cable tv hmmmm... not really free but (under the table) kind of thingy. I tried Sky broadband but I find it crappy and of no use (can't even play dota/gg) conviniently. I also heard that a cable connection is good only if in your area few are using that brand of ISP otherwise it is relatively slow compared to dsl connection.

http://www.skybroadband.com.ph/

If you can pay up to 5.9k monthly, its 12mbps!

Skybroadband plans, check it...

They also do bundled packages with cable+internet however.. The only downside is, it still has a limitation, coverage areas T_T.

Yet, so far so good.. I've heard from my richie rich friends that its quite a good deal, even if its that expensive.

@topic
nice tip. Smile
Thanks for the share. Just an additional suggestion. Every 6 hours, you can restart your pc too.
booterbotter
booterbotter
PH-ZX Moderator
PH-ZX Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 409

http://support.epson.com

Back to top Go down

Post by uzumymw 27.07.09 22:42

hiyori wrote:@2nd step

sorry men iam not in the Philippines right know & even if iam there i dont know any other ISP only PLDT(Smart Bro) & DIGITEL, because we live only in the province hehehe Suspect
uzumymw
uzumymw
PH-ZX Moderator
PH-ZX Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 465

Back to top Go down

Post by hiyori 28.07.09 20:21

@botter yup I have seen the sky packages even had the 15 day trial, the thing is 5.9k monthly for 12mbps is way overkill for a resident subscriber.

@uzumymw oh ic. Now I know why u you can say that cable connection is faster than dsl. But here in the Phil. I think DSL is faster than cable connetion dont know why.
hiyori
hiyori
Supper Botter
Supper Botter

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by extremedeath 20.08.09 0:01

I heard Globe Broadband is a better substitute for DSL.
extremedeath
extremedeath
Top Botter
Top Botter

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down